REDEEMERS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT:
CENTRE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
An Entrepreneur is viewed as economic leader who possesses the ability to recognize opportunities for successful introduction of new commodities, new techniques, and new sources of supply, and to assemble the necessary plant and equipment, management, and labor force and organize them into a running concern. Entrepreneurs could be seen as a group of people who perceive business opportunity, possess the ability and take advantage and have willingness to assume a non-insurable risk. The entrepreneurs are people who possess the ability to conceive, evaluate and translate opportunities into reality and manage them to success. It includes planning, coordination, controlling and organization of factors of production and delivery of goods and services in the economy.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CENTRE
The main activities of the centre are in three major categories:Coordinating and teaching the theoretical perspectives on entrepreneurshipCoordination of practical demonstrations in selected entrepreneurial fields Community impact and capacity building initiatives
OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
The establishment of the centre is in line with the objective of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the vision 20:20:20 of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The specific objectives include the following:
1.Creating and promoting entrepreneurial awareness and opportunities
2.Impacting entrepreneurial skills in the students, staff and members of the external context in contact with the centre
3. Enhancing the capacity of potential and practicing entrepreneurs who desire to learn practical skills that will make them self-employed and self-independent.
4. Making employers of labor of Redeemer’s College of Technology and Management graduates, thereby depleting unemployment market in Nigeria
5. Stimulating the development and growth of entrepreneurship in Nigeria
6. Provision of market linkages
7. Monitoring of small and medium enterprises
8. Offering supportive program to SME operators
1. Food Preservation and processing
2. Textile and fashion design
3. Confectionaries and catering
4. Art and craft making
5. Cosmetology section
6. Housing and interior decoration
7. Agricultural Production.
Dr. Sunday Onjewu
RECTEM Entrepreneurship Centre Contact: 08035966396, 08053657593
At RECTEM, We are Raising Champions