The National Diploma programme in Quantity Surveying is aimed at producing middle level technicians that are capable of performing basic functions in Quantity Surveying both in private and public sectors.
The graduates will assist the professional expert in low-rise building production in such aspects as:
- – Preparation of Bills of Quantity, Bills of Approximate Quantity and schedule of rates of minor works; – Management of small projects;
- – Preparation of tender documents for minor works; Preparation of schedule of materials;
- – Supervision of actual purchasing of materials using the appropriate inventory modelling techniques;
- – Preparation of specifications for minor works; Safety, welfare and quality assurance in building construction;
- – Costing of simple construction works; Cost control techniques in minor construction and engineering works.