The goal of the National Diploma in Accountancy programme is to produce technical manpower that can effectively perform a range of functions the field of Accountancy, Insurance, Banking and in Financial institutions.
Graduates of the programme should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of financial operations of different types of business;
- Assist in the collection and integration of basic financial data for use in investment decision;
- Prepare final accounts of companies; Assist in the preparation of short and long budget plans;
- Collect and collate relevant financial information to aid superior officers and management in making financial decisions;
- Interpret some basic ratio, statistical and financial data; and carry out preliminary survey and feasibility studies.